8.16.2010

Long Long Overdue...

Yes, I realize after many many moons of not-blogging, it's time to get back on the bandwagon! So many things to update you on: Going to a Beer-Fest/Wine Tasting in Cali (I have awesome friends), Institute (which basically consumed my life for a month and a half - booooo), going home for Lauren's birthday and the 4th of July (great time), Starting my new Job (yay), celebrating my 24th B-Day (whoot), going to Chicago for a Training (such a cool city), and trying to stay afloat in my job (yikes - it's quite a LOT of work).

So the school year ended and we took off... to California. P.S. My new Fave song is California Gurls by Katy Perry (don't judge the song by the music video - cause the video is WEIRD). We went to a Beer Festival in San Luis Obispo, super FUN.
This is the Crew: Dave, Jackie, Me, Chris, Drew, Mackenzie, and Nicole

After the beer festival on Saturday we went wine tasting on Sunday, also way fun. Surprisingly, there are quite a few wineries around Paso Robles (where we went tasting).

After that fun weekend, I basically had to start working institute a few days later. So, institute was basically 6 weeks of pure work. I did nothing but work for 6 weeks straight. It was really good training for my job beyond the summer. Here is a pic of the people that I worked with this summer -
It was a good group of people, but I was pretty happy to be done with it at the end.

In between institute, I got to go home to visit for Lauren's birthday and the wonderful family celebration of the 4th! I had an amazing time on Lauren's Birthday with the fam - and got to see even more family on the 4th! It was so good to see everyone, it had been WAY too long.

Great Family Pic

Sarah and Bryan!

That was a great celebration of Lauren's birthday!

And some wonderful 4th of July pics :)
Me with Grace!

Before Blowing out the Candles

Another Wonderful Family Pic!

Then, I started my new job... and unfortunately had to work on my birthday. I had to work kicking off the new year with the Teach for America All Corps Kick Off - it was from 8am to 6pm - ish... Yikes, it was a long day, but we had a fun night after. My friends came over to my new house, had some great food, played Jenga (a wonderful gift from my friends), Barrel of Monkeys (another wonderful gift from my friends) and had a wonderful relaxing night. Super, super fun Birthday!
As you can see, I had a great Cake (and you can see the Jenga there as well!)

Post birthday, I kept working and then got sent to Chicago for some the new Program Director conference! Chicago was an awesome city. We had training from about 9-5:30 every day, but then at that time we were free for the rest of the day. I went to see Wrigley Field, which was pretty awesome (but it was $40 to go to the game so we passed), experienced Navy Pier on Lake Michigan which was surprisingly nice... go Chicago. Then, on the last night, we went to the John Hancock building and went all the way up to the 96th floor... whaaaa??? Yes, it's true - pretty insane... amazing view of the whole city!
Anyhow, a pretty awesome city and a pretty crazy summer. Turns out, I get to go on lots of trips with the new job, New York, D.C.... so cool - lots of perks!

Now I'm watching the Ball Boy edition of Seinfeld, ESPY is sleeping deep in his kennel (after going on a RUN with me a little earlier :) )! It's time for bed and to go read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo on the new Kindle (LOVE IT!!!), I have to be up observing a class at 8:00... yikes. Hopefully I'll update the blog a little more frequent so I don't have to spend hours doing one post.

I hope everyone is doing well - Blitzen, thanks for the blog update!

xox - K

2 comments:

  1. Cool new backdrop! And yes, it seems we have proven it once again that great minds think alike! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new look :)

    ReplyDelete