8.20.2010

Three Day Weekend!

Whoo, after a long week of work - I have a three day weekend. This weekend, as of now, will consist of a little bit of sleep (well probably a lot of sleep), a little bit of soccer, a little bit of softball (we're just starting our new fall league) and a little bit of fantasy football draft. It should be a great weekend.

The week ended with a great happy hour (with my corps members) at Zipps Grill. Which, for those of you who I have not introduced Zipps to, it is a fine wings establishment. During happy hour my corps members are getting to know me so well one even said - hey Kristen, it looks like Seattle is beating New York right now in baseball... I didn't see - did we win?

So that was the end to my week - the rest of the week consisted of going to visit classrooms, playing another game of soccer, answering emails (lots of emails) and trying to stay caught up on my life. Along with that, I booked my flight to New York for training on Teach for America's selection model (I get to help choose the new corps members!). I'll be in New York from September 15th until the 19th - a wonderful long weekend. I'm hoping I'll get to see my TFA friends who have since moved to the Big Apple.

Also, today, I had a meeting with a guy who is leading Stand For Children, a non-profit company that is trying to pass legislations that help students. I checked out the website and it looks like they have things going on in Washington too! They wanted me to get involved and be a part of the development team (developing strategies for teacher accountability and ensuring that students get the necessary education they deserve). I'm still looking into it, but I think it was quite a privilege to be asked.

Anyhow, that's my week in a nutshell - and now it's off to the weekend for some true R and R!

Happy Friday everyone

xox - K

No comments:

Post a Comment