1.09.2010

And so it begins...

As the New Year begins, I'm sure everyone is thinking about how much better 2010 is going to be than 2009... I mean, it's the beginning of a new decade which will see me turning 30 (ACK). In all honesty, I will have a lot of expectations for 2010 being as though 2009 rocked. My 2009 in Review: I totally jumped on the Cardinals' bandwagon to see them to the Super Bowl, I went to Vegas for the ump-teenth time (actually only the 4th, but I guess that's still a lot in Sin City), cruised the Riviera with my friends (Mexican of course), finished my first year of teaching, SC at Leadership Camp up in Washington, started my 2nd year of teaching, celebrated a wedding in Hawaii, and that seems about it... Putting it that way sounds like I have a lot to live up to in 2010.

Two goals come to mind when thinking of 2010. Spontaneous Stability... oh, and wine. Starting with Spontaneous Stability. First, I think alliterations are a must. I tried to incorporate the wine to have some sort of "S" in it, but I could not think of anything clever. I am going to be spontaneous, taking trips when I choose, visiting random locations when I feel, and doing basically whatever I want whenever I want - hence the Spontaneity. The stability is a bit difficult to describe throughout the whole year, but for now... it basically means I have a job to come home to when I'm done being Spontaneous. While I have a hard time describing the Stability, I can begin to describe the wine portion!

After being inspired to blog about something "meaningful" from Julie & Julia, I decided to combine blogging with something that I really enjoy... WINE. Instead of choosing a different wine every day (which my family urged me not to do so I wouldn't be spending the rest of 2010 in Schick Shadel), I decided to begin a "wine of the week." All of these wines will be found on the lower two shelves (only one $ rather than $$$$$), which means they will range from three buck chuck (formerly two buck chuck before the economic deficit), to the current wine of choice "Yule Love It: Cabernet Sauvignon," entitled "Come & Cupid."

I'll try to refine my wine tastes to help all of those fellow cheap-skate wine enthusiasts. This first week is more of an introduction rather than the beginning of the wine portion of the blog, because of a illness, I was not able to drink as much wine as I had wished during the week.

Look for the next blog for the first installment of Worthy Wines!

No comments:

Post a Comment