1.28.2010

BUSY BUSY BUSY

First off, ESPY outgrew his second collar. He seems to be filling out now, not so much growing taller. So, I got him a new collar and guess the brand - Hamilton Brand Dog Collars and Leashes... Way to go Hamilton family!
Here is a picture of the beast with his new collar on after a run we went on yesterday.

In other news, we have our last basketball game today of the regular season. We play the only undefeated team in the league... uh oh. But, we played really well at practice yesterday so keep your fingers crossed.

Last night we went out to Postino's Wine Bar to celebrate my friend Catherine's birthday (which isn't until Saturday, but Jackie is going out of town this weekend). Tuesday, after class, Catherine and I were hungry so we stopped by the local eatery - Hooters of course. After both feeling sick Tuesday night, Wednesday night was a nice reprieve with good food.

Also, I found out that I was nominated (among hundreds of others I'm sure) for the Sue Lehmann award for second year Teach for America corps members nation wide for Excellence in Teaching! I had to be nominated by someone (my Program Director maybe... who knows), so it's pretty exciting to be honored. I have to go through an intense application (again...), but if I win I get $5,000 :) :) :) :) :) Three people get to go on past the first round from Phoenix, so we'll see. If nothing else, just to be nominated is pretty cool!

I'm going to try to take some pictures of my girls playing in our game today, so I will upload those if I get them today! Then, tonight I have a soccer game at 11. Yes, 11pm... ACK. Sooooo late, but luckily tomorrow is Friday so I guess I'll go!

I think I'm going to Sedona this weekend, do a little wine tasting, enjoy the Red Rocks and just get away! It should be pretty fun.

More later, happy Thursday and happy Prep-Period!

2 comments:

  1. Of course you were honored and nominated! You are amazing!!! Are you SURE there is no way you can get to me when I'm in Arizona????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats congrats on the nomination! You so totally deserve it!

    ReplyDelete