1.09.2010

Worthy Wines! 1: Cabernet Sauvignon

WORTHY WINES! 1: Cabernet Sauvignon

For the first installment of Worthy Wines! I decided to begin with a wine I had around the house (because I haven't gone to the store in quite a while). This was a holiday wine I picked up about two weeks before Christmas. I bought it at Total Wine in Phoenix for $8.99 basically because I liked the name. The name of the wine is YULE LOVE IT. It is a Cabernet Sauvignon called "Comet & Cupid." It is Vinted and Bottled by Eight Tiny Reindeer WInery in Santa Rosa, California.

Most of the wines I will include in this blog will be ones you can find in any local grocery store (when I have time to go to the grocery store).

This wine has a berry smell and a hint of berry as you first taste it. I looked this wine up online to see what else it had to say about the wine. It notes that it finishes with a bit of an Oak taste. While I do not know what Oak tastes like, I will still try and refine my pallette to inform you of the "Idiots Guide to Wine."

If I were to choose what I would eat with this wine, I would pick something cheesy to balance off the sweet taste of the wine. Maybe because I am hungry and am sipping wine, but I believe this Cabernet Sauvignon would pair well with Cheese Ravioli. I have also learned from my research and plenty of first-hand experience, Cabernet Sauvignon usually pairs very well with red meats.

Happy Saturday and Enjoy. p.s. cheer for those Cardinals tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. poooo...I love this idea and love learning about new wines! Especially when they are less than 10 bucks. Have you tried Red Diamond Merlot? It's a cheap one that tastes more like a Pinot. Pinot's are my favorite...just like you!

    ReplyDelete