3.04.2010

Thank you to the Parents...

Who are like my parents.

I have more and more faith in the success of many of my kids when I meet their parents. I see my parents in these parents. I begin to thank them for raising their children so well because it makes my job easy and their eyes well up with tears. I thank them for instilling in their children morals that make me not have to discipline them. I thank the parents for telling their students that they EXPECT them to go to college (one parent of an ELL student said - hey Michael, you promised me not only were you going to go to college, you promised me you were going to graduate). How great is that? And another parent saying, "going to college isn't an option. taking a year off is not an option. where he wants to go to college... that is what he gets to choose." How AWESOME are these parents?

The cool part is, I know that my parents said the same things at our conferences years and years ago. Does this surprise me... no. Look at how Lauren and I turned out. Pretty damn good huh? Well, thanks to our parents who got us here (love you mom and dad), and thanks to the parents who are trying to get their kids where Lauren and I are today!

No comments:

Post a Comment