3.02.2010

Worthy Wines! 5: Cabernet Sauvignon


From the request of my beloved cousin, this week's (or should I say month's) worthy wine is a Cabernet Sauvignon from down under. That's right, it's the wonderful Yellow Tail brand wine, product of Australia! Shout out to Aunt Sue, who I'm hoping is still an avid follower :)

This wonderful Aussie wine was sold at Safeway for $7.99, but with my wonderful Club Card, it was a shockingly low $5.59. I will have to say thank you to the old North Bend phone number for keeping it real at Safeway every time I go. And, you're welcome Dad for getting you the Safeway Gas ten cents off when I spend too much money on groceries (cough cough... beer and wine... cough cough).

So, back to the wine. This wine tastes more expensive than the $5.59 that I paid at Safeway (apparently it is supposed to sell at $10.99). After a few nights of savoring the wine, I think it would go well with some very flavorful meat. I'm thinking a peppercorn ribeye or a spicy flank steak. Eat something that makes you think "cowboy" but with class (hence the wine). As Carrie Underwood would call it... A real Cowboy Cassanova of a wine. (click the word for the awesome music video!)

This wine has a mild spicy taste, unlike my accidental SUPER spicy Gumbo that I put in 1 whole jalapeno instead of 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno... oops. This wine, is unlike my gumbo in this manner. Also, unlike my gumbo, it has bold fruit flavors. On the [yellow tail] website, it notes that this wine has "blackberry, chocolate and luscious vanilla aromas."

In regards to the aroma, this vanilla and chocolate aroma is very unlike my dog. For one, ESPY has had horrible stomach problems and has filled the room with everything but chocolate and vanilla aromas. Bummer. While I would like to say that this wine takes after me, I do not think that I smell of chocolate and vanilla... another bummer. Although, that might be a good thing, ESPY might bite me even more than he already does if I smelled of vanilla. Not chocolate, because chocolate apparently kills dogs.

Guess what doesn't kill dogs... hopefully at least? Wine!
Here's ESPY enjoying this smooth Cabernet Sauvignon :)


Truth to the picture, ESPY didn't take a gulp, but he did pose nicely for the picture.

Alright, that is the end of the Worthy Wines! 5... more to come. I bought 5 more bottles for 15% off at Safeway... WHOOT! I'll try to squeeze in a few more before I leave for Mexico.

Enjoy and Drink Up!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, how about helping out your sister with her safeway number??? So good to talk to you tonight- glad you're Shick Shadle-ing it!!!! Enjoy your relaxin' in the middle of your crazy, crazy life. Love you lots- L xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanilla and Chocolate aroma.... sounds wonderful....I'm wondering if they make a Yellow Tail room freshener....might be what you really need with Espy around???!?

    Love you,
    MOM OXOXOX

    ReplyDelete