2.23.2010

Why My Dog and I are NOT Alike...


Just a follow up on my post why my dog and I are alike. This week, I decided to do why my dog and I are not alike.

1) I have realized over my socialization in the past 23 years of my life that biting is not a great way to get attention - ESPY still bites sometimes when he wants my attention.

2) ESPY can make it through a RawHide bone in approximately 9 minutes flat (I just timed him with the one he has in his mouth in the picture) - I do not eat RawHide Bones

3) I can properly digest things such as pizza - When ESPY accidentally got a piece of pizza from the mid-afternoon Dominos order on Sunday, he promptly threw it up that night... Great.

4) I lose my energy at about 7:30 - ESPY seems to be in TOP EXCITED form until about... well until I put him in his kennel to go to bed.

5) ESPY is NOT Busy - I cannot seem to get more than a free 10 minutes (of which I choose to spend the time blogging instead of doing my laundry) between interview stuff, nomination stuff, and oh yeah... I teach.

6) ESPY is perfectly content not being busy - I think if I did nothing all day every day, I would go insane. Even though I complain about being SUPER busy all the time, I think, in a way, I thrive on the fast paced style of my life.

7) ESPY does not seem to like Ice Dancing as he barked at all the contestants last night - I LOVED watching the Ice Dancing competition last night, although I was a bit sad when the Americans didn't take home the Gold... but how cute was that couple from Canada.

8) I am drinking a smooth red wine right now (expect a blog soon) - ESPY is strictly regimented to a diet of Water and Puppy Chow (for Big Dogs)

9) I have opposable thumbs to type this with - ESPY has these Du-Claws that are actually quite long and tend to scratch me when he likes to wrestle. Well I'll be honest, I like wrestling with him until he scratches me with his "thumb wannabes"

10) My ears do not fold over - ESPY's ears fold over from time to time (see picture at the top)

11) ESPY eats the carpet - I sometimes only sit on the carpet (when I'm sweaty from Yoga and don't want to sit on the couches)

12) ESPY is dark and light colored at the same time - I am dark during the summer and light during the Winter (soon to be Dark when I come back from CABOOOOOOOOOOO).

13) ESPY seems to like eating paper (he always steals my napkins and unimportant papers - sometimes important ones - to tear apart) - I think I ate paper once, but it was probably a note in the 6th grade that I didn't want anyone reading... hopefully I'm just being facetious, but I usually don't remember anything before the age of 18 :)

14) ESPY enjoys licking my yoga mat - I enjoy lying on it

15) I have met the wonderful Mr. and Mrs. Berndt - ESPY has yet to have the privilege (but that'll happen in March :) )

Hope you enjoyed this rendition of my puppy and I. Time to do laundry while listening to ESPY bark at the Canadians on TV, Awesome!


Oh and #16 - I don't punch ESPY in the face - ESPY punches me in the face.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, another awesome ESPY/KRISTEN post..... Here's a tip from one big dog owner to the next- DO NOT FEED THEM FOOD FOR "LARGE BREEDS". This is a very bad idea. We tried it once and we had a completely, utterly, psycho dog for the month he was eating the food (way, way, way crazier than normal). I switched Bruno back to the food for normal adult dogs and he returned to being just completely psycho (not utterly and completely psycho). Anyway, just a tip! Love you! L

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me laugh. Pure Kristen mode. And are you really only 23?? Crap. I'm old.

    ReplyDelete