3.30.2010

Worthy Wines! 6: Merlot

A long overdue wine post is here. I'm sure you all were holding your breath to see what I was up to this time, and alas, the time has arrived. Because of some wonderful gifts from Lauren and Sarah, I bring you this edition of Worthy Wines! with a lot more expertise than I had before. I now have a WINE JOURNAL and a "Rate This Wine" scale to use when continuing this wonderful part of the blog. I'm actually pondering starting another specifically "Worthy Wines!" Blog, so chime in about your opinions on that.







Here is the wonderful "Wine Journal," trusty computer, and glass of wine for the week!






As previously noted, I also received a wonderful "Rate This Wine" notepad which I am proud to say was successfully used for this blog :)


















This week's wine is a Fish Eye Merlot from the Fish Eye Winery, Vintage 2007 (note the new vocabulary brought to you by the wine lover gifts!!!

This full bodied wine originally sold for a whopping $4.89, but with the Safeway Club Card I managed to basically steal this wine for $4.19... that's right, a savings of .80 cents. Wow, that Safeway Club Card really does it for you huh? Awesome!

This wine lists itself as pairing nice with Pasta, Turkey, Pork and Beef. Sounds good to me!

Some categories on the "Rate That Wine" sheet include: Label, Color, Clarity, Nose, Body, Flavor, and Finish. This Merlot Rated an average of a 3 out of 5 (from me) on this ranking system. It ranked high on the Label because I'm a big fan of the purple and green. The color, it received a "Looks Like Wine" ranking and the Finish ranked a 4 with "Stamina to Spare."

This wine is a GREAT option for the price. I see the Fish Eye as a cheap effective way to start the night off right. If you're casually drinking wine with a dinner alone, or hanging out playing cards with friends, this wine would go wonderfully. I would not choose this wine if you're trying to Wine and Dine a certain someone... most people know that Fish Eye is not the most "Swank" label of wine.

Overall Ranking: 22 out of 35





1 comment:

  1. After reading your Blog I need to go fishing for a little fish eye! Nice terms and rating system as well.

    ReplyDelete